Monday, July 2, 2012

torn again. i dont know how to react. part of me- the business person in me wants to please everyone. and the idealistic, educator side of me wants to do the right thing. how can we progress if we stay in the 70s? how can we move forward if we wants what were used to? isnt culture suppose to be good? but how come in these situations, culture became a stumbling block for growth? its really frustrating.
a parent came to me this morning talking about how they felt when their grade 1 year old kid carries their huge bags up to the room? part of me feels guilty and part of me is screaming why dont they make their children owe the responsibilities. i just cant deal with this. i wouldnt want my kid to just make his yaya or even his teacher do all the work- carry their bags, put notebooks in their bags.but how come parents still want their kids to be "babied" and would request silly things like having the manongs to carry their luggage like bags in school. theyre not even suppose to bring heavy bags. their first grade for heaven's sake.

No comments: