Thursday, August 30, 2012

Just remembered one of Benigno Aquino Sr.'s speech on Marcos when he said Marcos was so jealous of him because he has all the time to read books by Great Thinkers and Authors. Imagine a great person like Marcos craving for the written word. It simply shows how important reading is to us- as educated and cultured people.
I go back to my point on doing whats best and whats right for my Oakridge kids. I have seen a non-readers read and actually love books now. Its really amazing on how hooked our students have become on reading. And if theres one thing I can impart to them it would be the love for reading. Because I know they will understand and see the bigger world just by reading great books by great thinkers. They themselves will be the next Ninoy, next Marcos, next Thomas Edisor, next Socrates for as long as they continue to fuel their love for reading. I just hope Parents appreciate this.
No matter how happy I am seeing the children read, I am still faced in the dilemma that Parents never appreciate what we are actually doing for the kids.

No comments: