Thursday, September 13, 2012

I've been contemplating if I'll share this. I have tried my best to control and hide this insight. But I cannot help it anymore. I just have to speak my mind and share my convictions. Last night, while watching one of those Channel 11 (QTV)'s Shows on current events, they featured whistleblowers in the Philippines. They showed how people who have voiced out the corruption that happens in our government end up with nothing, with no protection at all. Its such a pity how these patriotic, dignified, passionate, concerned Filipinos have been ignored, neglected and even erased from the picture, suffering after standing up to what they believe is right for every Filipino to do. They featured a lot of Filipinos who stood up against all odds for justice. But our country was never a good place to fight for justice. I cannot help but weep for these people. Is JUSTICE really impossible to attain in this country? After all these things, is even worth it to stay in our own country, when we can receive better treatment, better services, better laws, better JUSTICE outside?
But I will never encourage brain drain. I still believe the best way to live is to serve your country. In my heart, I know that despite the better things outside the Philippines, its our job to make the Philippines overcome all these problems. I just hope the political leaders know what theyre doing. For crying out loud, rather than waste so much time on plagarism- we all know its wrong whether youre in the Philippines or outside....duh!!, our senators should be focusing on implementation of the laws, improving the laws, making laws that will protect the rights of every Filipino, give JUSTICE to all- philosophically speaking, give what is due to people.
And as for me, Im doing my share. Im forming the next generation of Filipino citizens and leaders who will never be corrupt, who will see that being a Filipino is being globally competitive, leaders who will change the landscape of Philippine politics and economics. I tell you - all my Mighty Oaks will soar high and change and contribute to CHANGE!!!

No comments: