Monday, November 4, 2013


I believe that Quality Time is the key to produce God-fearing, God-centered and Christ committed followers in our next generation. Without spending quality time with our children, we simply cannot have quality conversation, bond and even instill our faith in them. Most of the time, parents simply GIVE what children needs without understanding that its actually them and their time that matters to their children and that will truly shape their children's minds and hearts. I am simply blessed that Dek has always chose to spend time with me and the kids over work, friends and even masonry. He has always put God first and family next. And I truly praise and thank God for that. Nevertheless, our work doesnt stop there. Turning off our computers and phones and choosing to have quality conversation and time with our children is one of the hardest thing to do. Being connected on the internet and doing all sorts of stuff like facebook, even blog preoccupy us so much that we neglect engaging in real conversation with our children and even with our spouse. 
In our visit to Seoul, one thing struck me the most that I told Steve immediately how sad it was. Everyone is cellphone dependent, everyone use their phone and gadgets everywhere and everytime. You hardly see people talk- engage in conversation. Everyone either uses their cellphone, reads or sleeps (in the subway). Nobody really talks. So when you see a bunch of people laughing and talking , you'd know they are tourists. At their Museum, Nathan and I were fighting over the blocks. Then I started looking at other people and mothers simply make their children roam around the museum, while they use their cellphone and gadgets. It bothered me so much that I hugged Nathan and engaged him in conversation. 

No comments: