Thursday, February 16, 2012

Change

I am just torn. I felt like I am in a situation where I know what I should do, but I have so many consideration to do. It is just frustrating.
I know that we have to go in this direction - of preparing and equipping our children to be GREAT. But everytime we even try someone complains and pushes us back. I dont really know where to start. I dont really know if Im cut throat for this. I dont really know if I want to do this anymore.
But everytime I look at the community where we live in, our country that was once a progressive developing country in the 1970s, I can feel that sadness, desperation to change- to cause the CHANGE and to want CHANGE. I live in a community where Police Officer of Peace , Order Security Officers would say sorry if they caught you beating the red light- just because you are the daughter of Tan Bun Pin. I live in a community where you can ask the Civil Registry to register your marriage license and permit without even going to the City Hall by just giving your mom's friend a call. I live in a society where you can cross the road anytime, everywhere at your own risk. I live in a society where you get to boss people around and everyone follows you. I like in the community where everything is "okay", means everyone tolerates and is permissive. I live in a city where the criminals are actually run by the Barangay Captain's husband. Grrrr..... In fact, I am getting a lot out of this society. But it is not the kind of community I want to raise my kids in. No, No, No!
Whenever I look at Nathan, I dread the day when he can drive and tell me, "Mom, Ill take the other car because Uncle Chief Policeman told me its okay for me to drive". I know that he will get away with anything in this kind of world. But I dont want to raise him that way. I want him to know and learn how to follow rules. I want him to be a good Filipino. But how can he be a good Filipino if we ourselves are not?
Oakridge was made to be a catalyst for CHANGE. I want to see Dagupan with peace and order, with convenient transportation for everyone including tourists, progressive businesses, great culture, progressive leaders and DEVELOPMENT. I want our country to be at par with the developing and progressive south east asian countries. I want our kababayans to experience and enjoy rights, laws and governance the way it should be. I want more equality than elite-driven society. I want Filipinos to stand up , overcome and become a 21st century citizen of the world- competitive and driven.
But theres so much work to be done. And not everyone is willing to help. not everyone wants to do something about it.

No comments: