Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My cynical self again

You know how they say that small scale is a reflection of what is happening in a larger scale. People who cant follow rules and laws starts that habit at home and at school. I am sure that we all want to have a GREAT beginning to have a GREAT ending. Nevertheless, in the midst of life's little challenges of overcoming our everyday battle of delayed or immediate gratification, we ended up sucking up to whats comfortable for us, for others and lets admit it for those who afford it.
Last Monday when I had a meeting with my Preschool faculty, I told them how children innately wants order. But they outgrow it. Why? Because they learn to get away with it and they learn that its more fun getting away with rules and laws and doing something you want immediately. But that just leads to trouble- to chaos. And look what that has done to our society?
I told my teachers that if we do it right, if we train and raise our children in an orderly classroom, knowing and learning how to follow rules and laws, learning to live in a peaceful, organized, orderly world, i believe when they grow up, theyll crave for order and change and would probably change our society. I am sure Ill have future Mayors, future Governors in our midst today at Oakridge. and if we just do it right, they'll really make an orderly Philippines. I just hope Parents would share our vision.
They talk about "republic" as a country governed by laws that protects its citizens. and yet our country, despite of our claim of being a republic only protects those who can afford it. Just sad.

No comments: