Friday, October 18, 2013

How should we raise our children? This is probably the hardest decision we have to make in our parenting life. One is that how we raise our children will directly affect how they will take care of us in the future. More than that how we raise our children will be how they will succeed in life. Thus, how we raise our children is the key to how we want to leave a legacy in this world. I am so touched by parents who have chosen to homeschool their children in the primary years so that they can teach academic and spiritual truths to their children at a very young age. I admire their dedication to homeschool - and to do it the right way. Don't get me wrong...I believe Oakridge is the best place for my children. I believe in my Oakridge team and Oakridge passion for teaching. But I also have the inner desire to educate my son. So, every night, before we go to bed, I tell him stories, talk about God's word and teach him spiritual truths that will lay a foundation for him in his life.
I have one major rule in how I raise my children. That is the fear of The Lord. When they have the fear of The Lord, they wouldn't do anything that will make them loose the smile of The Lord upon them. I know that it is sooooo...vague. But so real. It's really a matter of consecrating our children back to God. Remember when God asked Abraham to sacrifice ISaac? Abraham did not think twice because he knows that his son was from God and God's alone.
I believe parenting needs a lot of grace and mercy from The Lord. Humanly speaking , there are a lot of strategies and approaches in training our children. Bu one seems to stand out - biblical parenting. I hope we raise independent, God fearing, smart children who doesn't whine, but who loves The Lord and obeys His will.

No comments: