Monday, November 11, 2013

Watching and listening to the disaster that happened in central visa has, you cannot help but see how fragile human life is and how certain things that pound us to the ground. It makes us go back to wh t is important and valuable in life. It's not those trophies, those high grades, those money, those material possession that we have acquired throughout these years. It's about our relationship with God. In the midst of disaster, we go back to The Lord and learn to kneel and give everything back to Him.
Heard a great message yesterday at church. The message was about learning to kneel and submit everything to The Lord to be able to conquer and overcome challenges in our lives. He gave examples on how he experience the Lord's conquering powers, by allowing ourselves to be subdues by God. Many many times, we put things in our own hands, trying to control bits and pieces in our lives. One thing is we are restless, we don't know how to wait for The Lord's perfect timing. One thing is we are proud and reckless. We just want what we want and we'll do it regardless of who we hurt and how we do it. It's just human nature. But man was made to be filled with God. Man was made to have God. But when we are proud and reject God's control in our lives, disaster starts to happen.
I myself have experience the Lord's dealing in a tremendous way. Oakridge is for God, from God and for God's move in the country. But when problems come, I take things in my own hands and start solving it. But the L ord chastened me many times. I even thought of just compromising and giving in to parental requests. But The Lord chastened me. He showed me that I need to give up and surrender everything to Him. And that if Oakridge is for Him, He will lead the way. Today, I have closed my eyes, I am walking by faith and I have consecrated Oakridge back to Him. Everyday, I fight with myself. I face anxiety everyday. But if it's God's way of subduing me and chastening me to obey Him, I will just say amen to Him.

Obedience is better than sacrifice.

No comments: