Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Just can get over it. Everything I've been working hard on is never enough. Like I've been working hard on research based approach in teaching and learning, especially in early childhood education. But when someone ask me why we don't teach he same way they teach 50 years a, it becomes an instant attack to my philosophy and belief. I'm just so tired and sick of people ranting and complaining about life, when in fact life has changed. And we need to prepare our children for the future and for future success. I have nothing against the traditinals. I myself consider myself traditional. But I'm also logical and adaptive to change.
Oakridge curriculum is designed to get you into Ateneo, La Salle, UP, UCLA. Guess what???!!, handwriting will not get you there. When you ask me why we don't practice cursive writing at school, lll tel you that I'd rather spend time teaching my children reading, reading comprehension, understanding for meaning and analysis. I don't wanna waste time.

No comments: