Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Last night, I was not really able to sleep. A parent of a former sped student is bad mouthing the school saying we hit her kid when I know 100% we didn't. I was there. Not possible the kid was hurt. The mom's baseless accusation is dragging the name of the school down. Me - pissed off and angry at what she is doing. If I was to enumerate the many many sacrifices we have done for her kid, it will be so fast her head would turn. Imagine this mom who wanted "yaya" services from the school. She refuse to teach the child at home, refuse to take care of the kid after class and wanted "extended " services like swimming and after school. She would rather leave the kid at school than spend time with her kid. But this situation is not new to me. I have encountered many many parents like this. I'm sorry. I don't intent to be self righteous, but I do love spending time with my children. I look forward to my bonding time with them. Our conversation, our hugs, our kisses makes my day complete. In fact, the best time I have with Nathan is driving to Dagupan, doing grocery together and chatting and singing in the car. So, don't get me wrong! I just don't understand parents who refuse to spend time with their kids.
But after an evening of contemplation , I realized how evil my heart is...how much I needed the Lord's forgiveness and sanctification. How defiled my heart is when people hurt me, my staff, and what we do! Then I remember that Oakridge is of the Lords. I am reminded that everything the school is about is of The Lord. So, I have nothing to be angry about. People ( not of The Lord but of the world) will always persecute God's people. They will put whatever work God has. But all we need to do is to forgive and pray for them.
Forgiveness is one of the hardest thing for me to do. One thing is because of pride, I wanted and expected people to make sure their actions don't hurt anyone. My expectations of other people's action is so high, it seems impossible. But The Lord does know where to discipline and hit us.


No comments: